Turning the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers (Malachi 4:6), to make ready a people prepared for the Lord (Luke 1:17).
After a highly successful launch weekend in 2016, and follow up in 2017, we are delighted to be offering our next weekend short course in May 2018 specifically on ministry to Fathers and Father Figures as part of our expanding Family Ministry portfolio. In partnership with Who Let The Dads Out?, this short course is designed for leaders, volunteers and family work practitioners within the church and community, who have a heart to work with men. It aims to inspire and equip men both within and without the church to be great fathers to their own children and great father figures to all children in order to deliver community, social, emotional and spiritual benefits. The weekend is not just for men however (!), and all are welcome who are concerned to see this work. Participants have recently said,
- “Really powerful programme giving ideas and energy to drive and equip me. The opportunity to hear what others are doing is invaluable.”
- “Even better than expected. Excellent balance of practical, biblical, laying foundations, discussion & presentation.”
The aim of the weekend is to enable attendees to reflect on their practice, as well as learn new skills in this pioneering area. Subject areas will include:
- Why fathers in particular? The church gender gap and contemporary social issues
- Biblical reflections on the social and spiritual significance of father-child relationships
- The role of fathers and father figures in biblical, historical and contemporary families
- The well-being, wholeness and health of the family
- Practical approaches to reaching out and working with fathers and children together within an holistic approach to family ministry
From the initial session on Friday evening through to lunchtime on Sunday, participants will be exploring these issues through lecture, seminar and workshop, and together reflecting on the importance of this ministry.
Welcomed and introduced by Ian White, Programme Leader, Short Courses, Cliff College, the weekend course is led by Tony Sharp, the Who let the Dad’s Out? National Co-ordinator.
More of their work on www.wholetthedadsout.org.uk, and do check out their two-minute introduction video: www.cinnamonnetwork.co.uk/cinnamon-projects/who-let-the-dads-out/
Evening Meal Friday 11th May – Lunch Sunday 13th May 2018
The cost of £150.00, includes morning and afternoon refreshments, evening meal on Friday, all meals Saturday & breakfast and lunch Sunday, 2 nights en-suite accommodation, and all teaching materials.
A non refundable deposit of £30 secures your place. The balance of fees should be paid on arrival.
For booking contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01246 584203