Disability, Theology and Mission (DTM)
This unit is an ideal study opportunity for anyone interested in reflecting upon mission and ministry amongst people with disabilities.
The unit explores the following themes:
- biblical perspectives on disability
- examining different social and contemporary models of disability
- contemporary theologies of disability
- issues of inclusion and exclusion in church and community
- examining theologies of healing and transformation
- models of mission and ministry with people with disabilities.
This unit is offered as an online course, normally in winter of each year. It runs over a four-week period and is a combination of reading, short video lectures, interactive forums, and online meetings. It is primarily delivered through our Virtual Learning Environment.