Introduction to Ministry Among Older People
Cliff College is focusing on the importance of older people through several courses within the short course programme. This weekend course, run in partnership with BRF, is designed for leaders, volunteers and practitioners within the church and community, who have a heart to work with older people.
This short course aims to cover some of the key issues surrounding ageing in the UK, such as the ageing demographic, what is distinctive about the spirituality of ageing, as well as introducing the Anna Chaplaincy approach.
We are a rapidly ageing population here in the UK. Living longer offers the prospect of going on growing spiritually, as well as raising other emotional, physical and economic issues for the individual. How can we best support older people while celebrating their longevity? It should be a time of life offering a spiritual dividend of wisdom and experience.
Who is the weekend for?
- Those engaged in some form of work among older people.
- Those supporting people in their later years.
- Those of us interested in our own ageing process and the changing nature of our spirituality as we get older.
- Those wanting to reflect on their own ministry among older people.
What subjects will be covered over the weekend?
- Why bother with old people? The ageing demographic.
- The theology of ageing and what’s distinctive about our spirituality as we get older?
- The Anna Chaplaincy approach to the spiritual care of men and women in their later years. Why Anna?
- How can we help the aged not just survive but thrive, and make their fullest contribution to the good of society as a whole?
- Practical ways of knowing your ‘patch’ and discerning the precise needs of those in your community, plus imaginative means of appealing to the baby boomer generation as they become the next Third and Fourth Agers.
‘Anna Chaplaincy reaches the parts that other priests haven’t reached!’
Anna Chaplaincy seeks to accompany older people at this age and stage of their lives. It is an ecumenical, community-based, chaplaincy promoting the spiritual welfare of older people. Anna Chaplaincy is a person-centred and non-judgemental ministry for people of strong, little or no faith at all.
Anna Chaplaincy is part of BRF. You can find out more here.
The dates for this course are being confirmed - please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
The cost of £180.00, includes morning and afternoon refreshments, meals from Friday evening meal to lunch on Sunday, accommodation in single en-suite rooms and all teaching materials.
A non-refundable deposit of £30.00 secures your place. The balance of fees should be paid on arrival.
Booking for this course will open once the dates are confirmed. If you have any questions at this point, please contact email@example.com.