We live in a complex, globalised world in which cultures and nations are connected in ways that have never been seen before. This reality has numerous implications for how Christian mission is imagined and practiced. This unit engages with some of the key missiological shifts that have occurred in this globalised world.
This unit, Mission and Global Justice (GM2), covers the following themes:
Main themes include:
- globalisation and its impact on mission
- Christian and secular critiques of consumerism
- environmental change, eco-theology and mission
- historical and contemporary examples of simple living
- international development and justice issues.