Cliff College, situated in Calver in the Hope Valley, is a busy College with students living onsite and others studying remotely. The College also houses a conference centre, with bedrooms and meeting rooms available for hire, and is the home of the annual Cliff College Festival. We are seeking to appoint a full-time Finance Manager for a fixed six-month period, with the potential to extend to ten months, starting after 1 December 2023 and before 1 January 2024.
- Managing the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems for the College
- Keeping all departments within the agreed budget
- Overseeing the College's payroll system and processes
- Preparing and filing financial reports
- Working with the Finance Assistant in liaising with students
Requirements and application details
We are looking for someone with the following qualities and experience:
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Good knowledge of financial control systems and procedures
- Experience of the production of management accounts and reporting
- Good communication, numeracy and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively with Microsoft Office applications
This position is a full-time role, working 35 hours per week. Flexible remote working is available for this post. The salary is £35,000 to £42,000 per annum, dependent on experience, pro-rata for the term of the contract. This is a fixed-term contract for six months, with the potential to extend to ten months.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the post to the Principal's PA by email to email@example.com. Ensure that the subject line of your email states 'Finance Manager Application - Private and Confidential'. For any questions, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a further conversation about the post.
Studying at Cliff College - Virginia's story
Ahead of Cliff College's 2023 Graduation, we sat down with Virginia Gill, one of our graduating MA students, to find out about her experience of studying at Cliff College.
An update from the President and Vice-President of Methodist Conference
An update from the President and Vice-President of the Methodist Conference on the situation in the Middle East.
Seasonal retreats at Cliff College
Join Cliff College for guided day retreats, at the start of Advent and just before the beginning of Lent, to pray and reflect.
Cliff College Digital Week 2023
From 16-20 October, Cliff College hosted a week of digital and hybrid activities including teaching, worship, conversation and resourcing the church for digital transformation.