The unit on Children’s and Youth Mission is for people who want to explore creative new ways of missionally engaging with children and young people in our contemporary culture, and reflect upon the biblical and theological foundations and implications for children’s and youth ministry. This unit is designed for lay or ordained persons, from all traditions, who are interested in examining, assessing and leading such initiatives in mission through the discipline of postgraduate level study and personal research. It is ideal not only for children’s workers and youth workers but also for pastors and overseers who want to train leaders and cast vision for children’s and youth ministry within their church or organisation more effectively.
This unit, Children's and Youth Mission (CYM2), covers the following themes:
- child and adolescent development
- theology and sociology and children and youth
- current biblical models in relation to children and youth
- children and youth as missional agents
- children and youth as worship leaders and exegetes
- children and youth spiritualities
- pastoral care of children and youth.